Full-Service Skills In One Package
Codie L. Burt J.D.
- General Civil Practice
- Business Organization
- Trust and Estate Administration
Attorney Codie Lynn Burt graduated with her Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law in the spring of 2021 (Go Green!). During her law school career, Codie was a peer mentor in the Reading, Writing and Analysis Department for the law school, gained her certificate to become a Civil Facilitative Mediator and worked in-house as a legal intern at Jackson National Life Insurance Company before starting her career at Herbert Machnik Law Firm.
Codie was born and raised in the Lansing area, spent four years in Dallas/Fort Worth and finally moved to Kalamazoo in 2015 with her husband Josh. Josh is a Golf Professional and Instructor who currently teaches at the Golf Performance Academy. Josh and Codie have two four-legged fur children, both dogs named Izzy and Twyla.
In her spare time, due to her husband's career, Codie has taken up golf as one of her many hobbies. Her other hobbies include watching or attending any MSU sporting event, attending concerts, running/working out, reading, puzzles, escape rooms, and game nights with family and friends.
Codie has chosen to be a BIG through Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Kalamazoo and has been matched with her Little since the beginning of 2016. In addition to being a BIG, Codie has served on a Big Brothers Big Sisters Event Committee since 2019.
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 2021
- Michigan, 2021
- BIG with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kalamazoo, 2016 to Present
- Committee Member - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kalamazoo Event Committee, 2019 to Present
- Board Member & Secretary – EPIC Center/Kalamazoo Cultural Center Board
- Michigan State Kalamazoo Alumni Board Member
- Kalamazoo County Bar Association