Real People | Real Lawyers | Real Solutions
Brett A. Cummings J.D.
- Estate Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Real Estate Law
- Corporate Law
- Estate and Trust Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Risk Management
- Automotive Industry Matters
Brett is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and routinely practices in both State and Federal courts. He was designated by his peers as a Rising Star by Michigan Super Lawyers in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. This award reserved for less than 2.5% of attorneys that practice in the State of Michigan. He has also received numerous client distinction awards and appeared in various business publications since 2012.
Brett received a J.D. from Thomas Cooley Law School, graduating in the top 10% of his class. He graduated with a dual B.A. in Business Management and International Comparative Politics from Western Michigan University.
Brett is an instructor at the Michigan Real Estate Academy and serves on the risk management committee for the Greater Kalamazoo Association of Realtors. He frequently gives presentations and seminars on estate planning, asset protection, and real estate matters. He also volunteers as a director on the Eagle Lake Texas Township Association and sits on the Texas Township Zoning Board of Appeals.
Brett has worked in many capacities as an attorney, including a partner at a mid-sized law firm with offices in Kalamazoo, Paw Paw, and Grand Rapids; however, his primary capacity is now serving as General Counsel for a company with annual revenues exceeding $1.5 Billion per year. He prides himself on client-centered service and remaining of counsel at a smaller boutique law firm allows him to bring big firm and extensive corporate experience to his clients with small firm accessibility and pricing.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- J.D. - Graduated top 10% of his class, Honors Scholarship, and Certificate of Merit
- Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Business Management
- Major: International Comparative Politics
- Michigan, 2012
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Rising Star by Michigan Super Lawyers
Classes & Seminars
- Michigan Real Estate Academy, Instructor
- Director on the Eagle Lake Texas Township Association
- Texas Township Zoning Board of Appeals