Real People | Real Lawyers | Real Solutions
Laura E. Volkman
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
In addition to practicing law, Laura runs a small farm with her husband, Rick. They have been raising beautiful Icelandic sheep for over fifteen years. They also have pigs, geese, chickens, and a beloved llama, Ryder. Laura and Rick participate in several local farmers markets, and sell meat, handmade soap, and wool products. Laura dabbles in the fiber arts (including spinning, felting, and other crafts) when she has the time.
Laura has served as court-appointed attorney or guardian ad litem for clients in Calhoun and Kalamazoo Counties, and as a judge for several student moot court competitions.
Attorney Laura E. Volkmann is a member of the LGBTQA, Agriculture, and ADR sections of the State Bar of Michigan.
- University of Michigan Law School at Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- B.A. - 1996
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Psychology
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Michigan Bar Association, Member, 2008 to Present
- Calhoun County Bar Association, 2016 to Present
- Kalamazoo County Bar Association, Member, 2020 to Present
Certified Legal Specialties
- Probate and Estate Planning Certificate from the Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE)