Protecting Your Interests In Family Law
When facing a divorce or other family law matter, it is important to have confidence in your team of lawyers. You want to be sure your legal team understands you and knows how to protect your interests. Experience and knowledge are critical to this end, and so are genuine compassion and dedication to putting you first.
At Herbert Machnik Law Firm, we put our clients first. You, the client, are the center of our legal practice. Our attorneys have unique, diverse knowledge and experience, combined with a strong commitment to our clients. We will take the time to listen to you and understand your goals, and we will provide comprehensive legal counsel regarding all the ways your family law case will impact the other areas of your life and work. We have offices in Kalamazoo and Jackson, Michigan,
Comprehensive Family Law Representation
Our attorneys represent clients in family law matters involving:
- Divorce: While some divorces are extremely complex, like divorcing couples with significant assets or military divorces, others are more simple. Our lawyers handle all types of divorce cases for our clients.
- Division of assets: Even in a seemingly simple divorce, it is extremely important to have an attorney work with you to make sure your interests are protected and that the assets are divided equitably.
- Parenting time and custody: Where will the children stay? When will the other parent get to visit the child? What are the conditions under which visitation will take place? Our lawyers know the landscape of child custody and parenting time, and we will protect your important time with your children.
- Guardianships and conservatorships: We help clients understand the complexities of guardianships and conservatorships, and we will protect your rights in the process.
- Adoption: We help grandparents and stepparents adopt from within their family dynamics. We can help with the voluntary termination of parental rights and declaration of unfitness of the other biological parent.
We want to protect your family going forward, so we handle all of these family law matters with an eye toward civil diplomacy and maintaining the necessary relationships that need to continue. We will get you favorable outcomes without alienating your ex-spouse or anyone else with which you will need to maintain a civil relationship.
Our Lawyers See The Big Picture
More than most legal practice areas, family law has a tendency to impact many other areas of our clients’ lives. A divorce, spousal support order, child support agreement or asset division could greatly impact your business interests, your real estate holdings and other related assets.
Our lawyers, with their varied and diverse backgrounds and experiences, can provide comprehensive legal services that keep a keen eye on every legal area potentially impacted by your family law decisions. We will provide you with sound counsel, and we will protect your interests throughout your divorce or other family law matter.